This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
6 Apr 2017
Full-Time Fusion Head Chef (Work in Mauritius)
Our client, one of the reputable 5-star hotel situated at Mauritius is now looking a Head Chef to join their Fusion Restaurant offering authentic Asian fare which brings together the best of Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese and Japanese cuisines. A new fantastic gastronomic experience – elegant décor, attention to detail and authentic Asian dining rituals.
This is a unique opportunity where you will get a chance to work with a lovely team and rewarding career within the 5-star hotel group.
- Supervises assistant Chef and other kitchen personnel with responsibility for performance, management and discipline.
- Assisting Manager in re-branding the restaurant towards upgrading the restaurant standard.
- In-charge of the kitchen operation and maintain it in high standard.
- Promotes a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Participates in developing the vision of food and concept trends consistent with company objectives and initiatives.
- Assists in establishing and implementing quality standards in cooking methods, presentation techniques, portion control, and retention of nutrients.
- Assists in developing and managing the budget.
- Identifies situations which compromise the department’ s standards and rectifies these immediately.
- Creates and develops recipes, plans, and pricing.
- Reviews sales and food cost daily.
- Minimizes waste and maintains controls to attain foretasted food.
- Researches local product, new suppliers
- Interacts with product vendors to ensure that the restaurant receives the best product.
- Provides culinary instruction and demonstrates culinary techniques to kitchen staff
Monday to Friday from 12:00 am to 3:00p.m and 7:00 to 10:30 pm
Saturday: 7:00 – 10:30 pm
- You will be given a personal studio room fully furnished within the hotel (air-condition, kitchen, laundry, hot shower, dining, living hall, a beautiful balcony with sea view etc.)
- Annual return air-tickets are provided.
- Visa and work permit will be managed and sponsored by company.
- Meals are provided.
- Company transport is available.
You must be good in command of English and having good experience in Fusion food especially making Dim Sum. Experience in Michelin-starred is an advantage.
Good remuneration will be rewarded to the right candidate. Attractive Salary Package will be rewarded to the right personnel.
You will get a chance to grow your career with the 5-star hotels’ group.
Method of interview:
Showcase of the food menu and customer reviews with a resume with recent picture attached for shortlisting. (Email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Next, the CEO will be flying to Malaysia to witness your food preparation and food tasting.