Please login/register to apply for this job.
8 Jun 2013
Full-Time C&S Engineer
- GENERAL – To represent the Company as Senior Civil & Structural Engineer responsible for all engineering activities. Good awareness of Client’s technical specifications and work scopes. Work to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the design process.
- LEADERSHIP – Provide technical guidance and direction to Engineers and contractors on the various tasks allocated to them. Lead a team of structure design engineers to ensure design, drawings and all other deliverables as contained in the consultancy agreement are complied and meeting all the criteria & parameters set.
- TECHNICAL – Provide input and ensure safe delivery of engineering work during conceptual, FEED and detailed design projects. Preparation and control of detailed calculations, design reports and weight control activities. Knowledge of working stress design and/or limit state design for civil & structural design. Responsible for design and coordination of civil and structural projects.
- INTERFACING – Support all phases of the civil & structural engineering design process, right from modeling to analysis construction documentation.
- Attend meetings with authorities/ client/ contractors, attend site inspections and coordinate design/ submission/reporting/construction.
- QUALITY – Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Company standards and ensure compliance with and Client Quality Policy and procedures.
- Responsible for all planning aspects to achieve continuous improvement and excellence in meeting clients’ expectations.
- HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT – Take reasonable care of own safety and that of others. Work in accordance with the training and instruction provided, reporting any shortfalls in control systems.
- Develop and / or maintain operation method, systems and processes..
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree Engineering (Civil) or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years experience working with a design consultant involved in medium to large scale projects
- Fresh graduates / entry level with good academic results are highly encouraged to apply.
- Short notice is required due to urgency of this position to be filled.
- Good command of spoken and written in English, Bahasa Malaysia and spoken Mandarin;
- Willing to work overtime and travel as and when is necessary (must possess own transport).
- The incumbent must be dynamic, people and target oriented and possesses drive and motivation to succeed. Other prerequisites are good acumen, strong leadership qualities, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literate and competent in ORION, ETABS, STAAD-PRO, ROBOT, REVIT, TEKLA & Autocad or other related software are added advantage.
- 5 working days.
- Good remuneration packages with salary up to RM100,000.00 per annum.
- Permanent position, career advancement and yearly performance bonus.
- Group Personal accident benefits.
Salary and benefits will commensurate with qualification and experience.